Troy-Bilt, a leading manufacturer of lawn and garden equipment, predicts that in 2007, gardens will continue to be viewed as an extension of the family room and grow in their role as an outdoor entertaining destination.Savvy Gardening has some tips for your garden that will get the neighborhood talking, and make it even cheerier and more relaxing for you in your back yard:
- Less is more - any small space can be a garden or used for experimentation. To me, less is more also means allowing plants some autonomy, rather than the cramped beds I see in many yards.
- Add a touch of flair - with bird feeders, fountains, waterfalls, ponds, statues, globes — even lights. Remember tip #1!
- Traditional container gardening is out - Although plants in pots are still popular, gardeners are beginning to mix and match colored pots with bunches of various plants and flowers for a drastic but simple backyard makeover.
- Color is in - Hot hues add contrast to a space and can help hide dull outdoor furniture.
- It’s about you - a garden is an extension of your home and should mimic your tastes.
Bev & Mike
Landfair Furniture + Design Gallery
Bev & Mike